Jesse Plemons to star in `Star Wars Episode 7`
Los Angeles: `Breaking Bad` star Jesse Plemons is a contender to land a lead role in the anticipated film- `Star Wars Episode 7`.
The 25-year-old actor, who played Toad in the final season of `Breaking Bad`, is expected to have a meeting with director JJ Abrams to discuss the upcoming film.
It`s unclear what role he is circling, but Plemons` resemblance to Mark Hamill, who played Luke Skywalker in the original series, may land him that role.
`Star Wars` gets renewed after Disney`s 2012 acquisition of Lucasfilm. `Episode 7` is planned to kick off the new trilogy on December 18, 2015.
`Star Wars Episode 8` is to follow in 2017 and `Star Wars Episode 9` in 2019.
Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan write the script, but the plotline is still under tight wraps.
Plemons was last seen on the big screen in Peter Berg`s sci-fi action movie `Battleship`. The `Friday Night Lights` star has wrapped Stephen Frears` Lance Armstrong movie and will be seen in Tommy Lee Jones` drama `The Homesman`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Difference in treatment meted out to us and Hema Malini, says victims' kin
- FTII stir: Students protest Gajendra Chauhan's appointment
- Arshad hopes for 'raise' post 'Guddu Rangeela'
- Tiger Shroff doesn't want to work with B-Town's Khans
- Will work with Shoojit again: Ayushmann Khurrana