Jj Abrams to direct ‘Star Trek 2’!
Washington: Jj Abrams, who directed ‘Star Trek’ in 2009, is said to be returning for its much anticipated sequel.
The 2009 movie received both commercial and critical success including an Oscar win for Best make-up.
According to New York Magazine, industry insiders said pre-production of the film is already underway with the script due to be completed by the end of this month and filming beginning in the winter, Contactmusic reported.
Fans have been left in limbo since the movie was released in 2009 as Abrams had refused to comment on the possibilities of a sequel or even that he would return to the director’s chair.
However, it is understood that the delay was caused by writer Alex Kurtzman, who wrote the script for the first movie, and was busy with other commitments such as directing his debut movie.
But now that his project has completed he has once again teamed up with Abrams and is due to complete the new script.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Look who is playing Indrani Mukerjea in a film on Sheena Bora murder mystery?
- Aadesh Shrivastava loses battle with cancer at 51: Celebs pay tribute on Twitter
- Music director Aadesh Shrivastava is no more, succumbs to cancer at 51
- Short Janmashtami Statuses for Facebook and Wahtsapp!
- Wish your family and friends with Janmashtmi text-SMS messages!