Los Angeles: JJ Abrams was one of the names who emerged as a potential director for `Star Wars Episode 7`.
The director, however, has ruled out the possibility of him doing the new installment of the successful film franchise, reported Ace Showbiz.
"There were the very early conversations. I was offered to direct the upcoming `Star Wars` movie and I quickly said that because of my loyalty to `Star Trek`," he said.
"Also just being a fan, I wouldn`t even want to be involved in the next version of those things. I declined any involvement very early on. I`d rather be in the audience not knowing what was coming, rather than being involved in the minutiae of making them," he added.
Abrams isn`t the only notable filmmaker who has removed himself from the shortlist of possible `Star Wars Episode 7` helmer.
Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and Zack Snyder have previously stated that they`re not interested to do the project.
First Published: Wednesday, December 26, 2012, 16:36