Johansson never expected to earn Golden Globe nomination
New York: Actress Scarlett Johansson says she never expected to earn the Golden Globe nomination for `Her`, in which she plays an electronic voice named Samantha.
However, the 29-year-old actress was deemed ineligible for the Golden Globe award, reported Huffington Post.
"I didn`t expect to be recognised for the Golden Globes because I think they always have said that it was not a type of performance that they would recognise. Of course, I never expect to be nominated for anything," Johansson said.
In the Spike Jonze directed film, Samantha`s character, who can only be heard through the electronic voice becomes the love interest of Theodore Twombly, played by Joaquin Phoenix.
The actress got help from his co-star and the director to focus on her role.
"Working with Joaquin and working with Spike in this really intimate way -- kind of isolated, the three of us. It really allowed me to focus on how to develop this character, " she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone finds 'Padmavati' challenging!
- Deepika Padukone talks about her future in Hollywood!
- Phillauri movie review: Anushka Sharma as Shashi is bewitching; Suraj Sharma proves his brilliance in a funny way!
- Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt’s ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ scores a century!
- Raveena Tandon’s ‘Maatr’: Impactful teaser out! WATCH