Johansson, Witherspoon considered for Hillary Clinton biopic
London: Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon are among the actresses in line to portray Hillary Clinton in a new biopic.
`Rodham` will follow the former Secretary of State through her younger years in 1974, when she was a lawyer in Washington.
Jessica Chastain and Amanda Seyfried are also being considered for the lead role, according to Digital Spy.
The project is scheduled to be released in time for the 2016 presidential election, where Clinton may be a candidate for the Democrats.
`Rodham` director James Ponsoldt said, "They`re all wonderful actresses. We`re very fortunate that a lot of really great actors are interested in playing these roles. We`re in an enviable position.
"Regardless of people`s political affiliation or how they feel about Hillary Clinton, you don`t find people who question the quality of her intelligence or her drive. I want a wonderful actress who could embody that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt