Johnny Depp to star in ‘Transcendence’ and ‘Black Mass’
Los Angeles: Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp will shoot two films --sci-fi drama Transcendence’ and gangster movie ‘Black Mass’ -- back-to-back this year.
‘Transcendence’, a sci-fi thriller is to be directed by ‘Inception’ cinematographer Wally Pfister. Depp then will get involved with ‘Black Mass’, a biopic of Boston gangster Whitey Bulger for director Barry Levinson, the Hollywood Reporter said.
‘Transcendence’ will begin shooting in April. The film, written by newcomer Jack Paglen, will be released by Warner Bros. Depp apparently plays a scientist whose brain is uploaded into a supercomputer.
His second film ‘Black Mass` is based on the non-fiction Bulger book by Boston Globe reporters Dick Lehr and Gerald O`Neill. Shooting on that film is set to begin in summer.
Depp`s next release ‘The Lone Ranger’ is set to hit theatres on July 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop