Jon Favreau in talks to direct `The Jungle Book` adaptation
Los Angeles: Mowgli and his friends are headed for a big screen adventure with Disney negotiating a deal with director Jon Favreau to adapt Rudyard Kipling`s India-set story.
First published in 1894, `The Jungle Book` is in the public domain and was adapted by Justin Marks for Disney, though producers have not yet been assigned.
The studio will be competing with a rival project that frequent `Harry Potter` scribe Steve Kloves is writing for Warner Bros.
`The Jungle Book` features Mowgli, a young boy raised by wolves whose friends include a bear and a panther in the jungles of India.
An animated version of the book was Walt Disney`s last project. He died during the production of the movie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop