Jonah Hill would try drugs for film role
Los Angeles: Actor Jonah Hill says he isn`t opposed to trying drugs for film roles.
The 29-year-old actor is earning rave reviews for his role as Donnie Azoff in new period crime caper `The Wolf of Wall Street` and said he genuinely would have sampled a substance which his character uses in the movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
"I tried as hard as I could to find a quaalude, and I could not find any. I mean, I`m not, like, a drug person, but I genuinely would`ve tried one to see," Hill said.
Instead, the actor was provided a drug expert on set and also relied on the expertise of his director, Martin Scorsese, 71, who had first-hand experience with the drug.
Hill said he was awestruck when he first began work on the film because he is such a huge fan of both Scorsese and his co-star Leonardo DiCaprio.
"The first rehearsals were just the three of us. For me, obviously, it was intimidating - this is my favourite director and my favourite actor, and now I was working with them. You have to check that at the door at some point," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Court to pronounce verdict today
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer