Juan Diego Solanas unveils $60 mn sci-fi flick in Hollywood
Los Angeles: Argentine director Juan Diego Solanas, whose visually stunning, $60 million science-fiction romance "Upside Down" is set to premiere in US theaters, said the film was an exhausting "odyssey" whose cost spiralled to double the original budget.
"I find it almost incredible that I survived this odyssey," the director, who has devoted the past seven years of his life to the project, told EFE.
"The film needed at least twice the budget to do it normally. We knew it would be crazy and I`m telling you it was. It was the worst experience of my life. I wouldn`t do this again for any reason, not for all the money in the world. But, on the other hand, I`m very proud of the result," the son of acclaimed Argentine filmmaker Fernando "Pino" Solanas added.
‘Upside Down’ is a French-Canadian fantasy film made without the backing of the big film studios and financed with pre-sales contracts.
Jim Sturgess and Kirsten Dunst play two characters separated by their planet`s socio-political structure and, above all, by its dual gravity that pulls them in the direction of their respective worlds.
Creating that alternate universe required a series of visual effects that were overseen by production designer Alex McDowell and based on Solanas` own ideas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Twinkle Khanna reveals her healthy alternatives!
- Priyanka Chopra feels 'blessed' to work with Blair Underwood, Aunjanue Ellis!
- Pakistani actors already home before MNS threat to leave India
- After no 'Pakistani TV shows', Zindagi rebrands itself with local dramas
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!