Katie Holmes joins `The Giver`
Los Angeles: Actress Katie Holmes has reportedly joined the cast of movie ‘The Giver’.
The 34-year-old has joined actress Meryl Streep, Brenton Thwaites and Jeff Bridges in the movie adaptation of Lois Lowry`s 1993 eponymous sci-fi novel, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
‘The Giver’ is set in a dystopian society which is disturbed when a 12-year-old boy named Jonas (Brenton Thwaites) is selected to learn from an elderly man, The Giver (Bridges), about the pain and strife of the real world.
Holmes will play the mother of Thwaites` teenage character, who is described as being a strict, law abiding citizen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan, Kangana Ranaut meet Narendra Modi over dinner
- Direction, production no more male-dominated: Javed Akhtar
- Akshay Kumar, Vidyut Jamwal to team up for Ahmed Khan's next?
- Bollywood is smitten with love bug, wishes a great Valentine's Day!
- Great to see people value healthy lifestyle: Sonam Kapoor