Katy Perry to star in Opera biopic
London: Pop star Katy Perry is in line for a role in a biopic of opera singer Paul Potts.
The 27-year-old discussed the project with producer Harvey Weinstein at his pre-Oscars party last weekend.
She will reportedly play the wife of Potts, who won the first series of singing reality show "Britain`s Got Talent" in 2007.
"I was talking to Katy about a new project, a possible dramatic role in the Paul Potts movie, which will be shooting in England soon. We`d really like someone like Katy or Adele to play the role of Potts` wife, and Katy seemed genuinely interested," contactmusic.com quoted Weinstein as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?