Keira Knightley did `Begin Again` for happy ending
Los Angeles: After starring in a series of costume dramas which required elaborate make-up, Keira Knightley was happy to star in `Begin Again` where she plays a light-hearted role.
The British star, who became famous with `Bend It Like Beckham`, went on to star in umpteen period dramas `Anna Karenina`, `Pride & Prejudice` and `Pirates of the Caribbean`.
In `Begin Again` she will be seen in a grungy dive bar musician avatar.
Asked whether she was trying to move away from period dramas, the actress said, "I definitely wanted to do something different. I wanted to do a role where I certainly don`t die in the end. May be, it will be nice to have a happy ending.
"I also enjoyed the fact that I had to start wearing make-up just twenty minutes before the shot instead of two hours," Knightley said.
`Begin Again` also stars Mark Ruffalo and is the debut film of pop rock band Maroon 5`s lead singer, Adam Levine.
Directed by John Carney, the film is a soul-stirring comedy about what happens when lost souls meet.
Knightley plays Greta while Levine plays Dave, her long-time boyfriend.
Greta is left alone after Dave, who lands a major record deal, leaves her for fame but Greta`s world takes a turn for the better when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record-label exec, stumbles upon her performing and is immediately captivated by her raw talent.
A romantic musical set in New York, Begin Again will release on Friday, July 18, 2014, across the country via PVR Director`s Rare.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt