Keira Knightley tired of playing tragic roles
London: Actress Keira Knightley says she`s so tired of her characters dying in her previous movies that she decided to take a "fun" part in ‘Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’.
The 28-year-old chose to appear in the action film because it was different from some of her recent roles, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"I got to the end of `Anna Karenina` and I sort of realised that I`d either been dying in every film or something horrific was happening to me in every film, and I wanted to do something where that didn`t happen," Knightley told Bang Showbiz at the red carpet for the European premiere of ‘Jack Ryan...’.
"I wanted goodies and baddies...this is a piece of wonderful, totally pure Hollywood entertainment, which I fancied. And then I did two more movies - one called `Can a Song Save Your Life` and one called `Laggies` - they are just incredibly positive and fun," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: THIS video will make you believe that Shah Rukh Khan can fly! Well, almost
- Here's what Krushna Abhishek has to say about 'competition' with Kapil Sharma! – Details inside
- Slow salute: Akshay Kumar praises brave constable for saving woman's life – Watch video
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan