Kenneth Branagh to star in Jack Ryan franchise
Los Angeles: Actor-director Kenneth Branagh has confirmed that he will take on a role in Paramount`s reboot of the Jack Ryan franchise, starring Chris Pine.
"I will be in Jack Ryan. The character presented itself in a way that seemed to be just right in the size of the role, the nature of the role and it was actually how I was first approached about it," Branagh, 51, said.
Earlier reports suggested that the `Thor` director was in talks to play the villain in the new Jack Ryan film, reported Access Hollywood.
While he didn`t clarify which role he was taking, Branagh explained that the new project about the famed character from Tom Clancy, a part previously played by Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck, is an origin-style story.
"It is an origin story that allows us to understand how Jack Ryan, created by Tom Clancy, whose very much involved with this version, develops into a CIA analyst, so this is before joining ? perhaps even joining the CIA. It`s a very contemporary action film," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!