Kristen Stwart not attracted to girl power movies
London: ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart loved portraying Snow White in her upcoming film ‘Snow White and The Huntsman’ but dislikes girl power movies.
The 22-year-old actress says she enjoys portraying physically and mentally strong characters, reported a website.
"I hate girl power movies, when the people you are rooting for are not girls. That is what I was attracted to. I have always wanted to find a role where I can challenge myself physically, I really like getting the opportunity to hurt myself for the job but what I loved was that Snow White is someone who has the gusto and kicks ass but she is not a dude," Stewart said.
"She remains, steady. I am not built to be physically strong, you have to outsmart someone, you have to be physically and mentally quicker, you have to have a strong heart," she added.
Stewart, who stars as vampire Bella Swan in the ‘Twilight Saga’ franchise, was keen to play Snow White to push herself and enjoyed playing the character when she overcame fears within the storyline.
"Nothing is that simple. Every time Snow White has to do something and not be crippled by fear I am into that, one of the things I wanted to do was see how far I could push myself," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!