Leonardo DiCaprio declined offer to do `Hocus Pocus`
Los Angeles: Leonardo DiCaprio says he declined a lucrative offer to star in hit 1993 film `Hocus Pocus` in hopes of bagging a chance to do `What`s Eating Gilbert Grape`.
The 39-year-old actor said he had not even auditioned for Lasse Hallstrom`s drama when `Hocus Pocus` came his way with a lucrative offer.
However, he rejected it in hopes to play Johnny Depp`s mentally-handicapped brother in `What`s Eating Gilbert Grape`, reportedly
"I don`t know where the hell I got the nerve to turn down `Hocus Pocus`. You live in an environment where you`re influenced by people telling you to make a lot of money and strike while the iron`s hot," DiCaprio said.
"But if there`s one thing I`m very proud of, it`s being a young man who was sticking to my guns," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification