Leonardo DiCaprio misses Australian premiere of `The Great Gatsby`
London: Leonardo DiCaprio was forced to skip the Australian premiere of his new movie `The Great Gatsby` to tend to a personal matter, according to the film`s director Baz Luhrmann.
Luhrmann said DiCaprio was forced to cancel his trip due to personal reasons, leaving the rest of the cast, including Tobey Maguire and Carey Mulligan, to continue promotional duties without him, reported Contactmusic.
"I know he made the right decision (not to attend). He shouldn`t be here. There are things in your own personal life where you`ve got to draw a line and we talked about it. He did exactly the right thing in my opinion," Luhrmann said.
DiCaprio, 38, plays the title role in Luhrmann`s big screen adaptation of F Scott Fitzgerald`s classic novel of the same name.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!