Liam Hemsworth joins `The Expendables 2`
Los Angeles: Australian actor Liam Hemsworth has joined the cast of `The Expendables 2`, in which he will play a sniper.
The 21-year-old `Hunger Games` actor will play a sniper in the forthcoming blockbuster sequel, though no other details of his exact role in the film have yet been revealed, reported Ace Showbiz.
Hemsworth is the latest in a long line of stars to be confirmed for the cast of the action film, which will be directed by Simon West.
Sylvester Stallone heads the movie, reprising his role as team leader Barney Ross, with Jason Statham, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and Randy Couture also returning to the action.
In addition, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis, who made cameo appearances in the original 2010 movie, will also return but with their roles expanded.
Other newcomers to the series include Jean-Claude Van Damme, Nicolas Cage, John Travolta and Chuck Norris.
"We`ll have a big showdown between me and Van Damme, which has been anticipated for a long time, so it should be a good one. We`ve got Chuck Norris," said Stallone.
"I think Nic Cage. We`re trying to work out different scenarios. I like using people that had a moment and then maybe have fallen on some hard times and give them another
shot," he added.
`The Expendables 2` will hit the theatres in August 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!
- Commando 2 POSTERS: Vidyut Jammwal, Esha Gupta, Adah Sharma and Freddy Daruwala pack a punch!
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik