Madonna to helm film adaptation of interracial romance novel `Ade: A Love Story`
Washington: Madonna will be directing the film adaptation of the interracial romance novel by Rebecca Walker ` Ade: A Love Story`.
Reportedly, the 55-year-old singer made her directorial debut with 2011`s British romantic drama `W.E` that grossed only 583,000 dollars at the domestic box office.
Walker`s debut novel centers on a 19-year-old American student who falls in love with a young Muslim man while travelling in Africa.
The film will be produced by `Silver Linings Playbook` producer Bruce Cohen via his Bruce Cohen Productions, along with Jessica Leventhal, the company`s director of development, and Walker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri special: Day 1 - Worship Maa Shailputri for good fortune
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?
- Watch: Pooja Misrra creates ruckus, beats store staff in Delhi’s Karol Bagh
- Playboy says ‘NO’ to nudity - Magazine will not carry photos of naked women
- Sonu Nigam refutes news about being snubbed by Salman Khan
- Want to do biopic on Nazia Hasan: Alia Bhatt
- 'Talvar' stays strong at the Box Office, earns Rs 22.55 crore
- 'Brothers' special screening in New Zealand, Sidharth Malhotra thanks fans!
- Irrfan-Aishwarya's 'Jazbaa' rakes in moolah, earns Rs 15. 24 crore!
- Watch video: Vaani Kapoor's journey from 'Shuddh Desi Romance' to the lead in 'Befikre'