Madonna’s ‘W.E.’ to be cut by up to 10 minutes
New York: Queen of pop Madonna’s period-drama movie ‘W.E.’, which she directed and co-wrote, is set to be trimmed by up to 10 minutes.
Sources close to the project say the movie about Wallis Simpson and Prince Edward will be trimmed before its December 9 release, after it received tough reviews.
Talk of making changes began in advance of the North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival, but bosses behind the project were still negotiating with the singer about making cuts and wanted to see how it played there after its Venice debut.
But a source close to Madge has confirmed the film is being edited.
Numerous insiders say that distributor Harvey Weinstein and the film’s producers have been angling for Madge to slice the running time, but that negotiations with her have been delicate.
“They had to look at Venice and Toronto, and see if there were any changes that needed to be made. Madonna can make any changes she wants,” the New York Post quoted a source as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH