Martin Scorsese to shoot `Silence` in Taiwan
Ang Lee`s `Life of Pi`, which was partly shot in Taiwan, has reportedly inspired Martin Scorsese to shoot his next film `Silence` in Taiwan rather than Japan.
Lee won the best director Oscar for the story of a ship-wrecked Indian boy afloat in ocean with a Bengal tiger.
Scorsese and a small production team have visited Taiwan on an eight-day trip to scout locations for the movie.
They visited Taipei, Taichung and Hualien in their search for potential film locations for the movie, which is based on a Japanese novel set in Japan and is a pet project of the Oscar-winning director, reportedly
Scorsese was photographed scouting for location in the country recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'