Melanie Griffith to star in `The Grief Tourist`
London: Hollywood actress Melanie Griffith is all set for a big screen comeback, starring alongside actor Bryan Cranston in `The Grief Tourist`.
The 53-year-old actress is taking on her first movie role since 2005`s `Heartless` to play an as-yet unspecified part in the movie, which follows Bryan Cranston`s lead character and his unhealthy obsession with serial killers.
In the film, as the lead character decides to retrace the steps of some famous mass murderers in order to better understand them, his hobby suddenly takes a darker turn, reported a website.
Suri Krishnamma is to direct the movie from a script penned by `Band of Brothers` writer Frank John Hughes. Co-producer Michael Cudlitz will also star in the movie.
Although Griffith`s most recent role was as recurring character Brandie Henry in medical drama series `Nip/Tuck`, she is preparing for a big screen return with several projects in development.
The `Working Girl` star is currently filming `Yellow` and is also slated to co-star with Nick Nolte in `At 2.15`.
`The Grief Tourist` is due for release in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder
- Independence Day: Resurgence movie review: Staid and worn out
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' rakes in moolah, nears Rs 50 crore mark at Box Office
- '7 Hours To Go' movie review: A promise not delivered
- 'Raman Raghav 2.0' movie review: Cleverly crafted, compelling!