Michael Bay to step down from `Transformers 5`
Los Angeles: Filmmaker Michael Bay has hinted at plan to hand over "Transformers" helming duty to another director.
Bay, 49, said he wants to explore new genres of filmmaking, reportedly. "There`s kind of a new chapter, a new direction in movies I want to make. I have a lot of stories to tell. And it`s about flexing new muscles. They are so hard to make. They`re hard. 4,000 people worked on (Age of Extinction), and it`s every day for two years, seven days a week...," he said.
The director additionally admitted that he might have run out of idea for the next entry, "How long can you do `Transformers`, you know what I`m saying? And after you see this movie, you think, `Well what the hell am I going to do next?`," he added.
`Transformers: Age of Extinction` which has Mark Wahlberg as the new male lead has become the first film this year to hit USD 1 billion mark despite little critical praise.
The fourth film will be followed by "Transformers 5" planned for 2016. In the meantime, Bay has produced another blockbuster "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". He is also involved in the productions of horror pic "Ouija" and sci-fi flick "Project Almanac".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Emraan Hashmi-starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Myleene Klass splits from Scandinavian boyfriend?
- Juicy J rushed to hospital before show
- Paltrow launches line of gluten-free organic ready meals
- I always apologise for 'Batman & Robin': George Clooney
- Kelly Rutherford awarded sole custody of her two children
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Dhanush, Vetrimaaran team up for third time
- Retrospective pays tribute to Rabindranath Tagore
- Regina to romance Vishnu Manchu in his next
- Kamal Haasan's next titled Cheekati Rajyam' in Telugu
- Jimmy Shergill's Punjabi film 'Shareek' to release in October
- Akshara Haasan approached for Sandakozhi 2'
- Late actress's brother upset with Kerala ex-minister
- Puri Jagannath to work with Nithiin before Chiranjeevi
- Jyotika's comeback film rakes in over Rs.8 crore
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla