Mickey Rourke to start filming Gareth Thomas biopic
London: `The Wrestler` star Mickey Rourke has announced his plans to start shooting his Gareth Thomas biopic just days after the gay rugby star retired from the sport.
The 55-year-old actor, who has given Thomas` followers something to smile about by announcing the movie, plans to start work next year, Daily Star reported.
The Welsh sportsman, who `came out` as the game`s first gay star, shocked fans last week when he revealed his plans to quit rugby because he can no longer "give 100 per cent" to his team Crusaders.
"I think I beat the studio out there by about four days to get the rights to his life story. He announced his retirement a few days ago and hopefully in March do it. I`ve been writing the script for the past year," Rourke said.
Rourke`s film will follow Thomas` rugby career and focus on his sexuality, which he kept secret until `coming out` in 2009, becoming the first openly gay professional male athlete
in a team sport.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!