Mira Sorvina, Lisa Kudrow want `Romy and Michele` sequel
Los Angeles: Actress Mira Sorvino says she and Lisa Kudrow want to make a follow-up to `Romy and Michele`s High School Reunion`.
Sorvino, who played Romy White in the 1997 cult comedy hit, said that writer Robin Schiff was also on board, but suggested that Disney was holding the project back, reportedly.
"Disney, if you`re listening - everybody wants it. Me and Lisa and Robin would love to do a sequel. We have asked Disney before. It`s Disney that has to decide to say yes. I don`t think they realise what a cult phenomenon it has become. I mean, people dress up as us for Halloween," Sorvina said.
"People were like, `Why aren`t Romy and Michele at Comic-Con?` I was like, `It`s not a current movie. It`s a while ago.` And it was like, `When are you coming back? When are you going to come here for the sequel?`"
In 2005, TV movie prequel `Romy and Michele: In the Beginning` was released via ABC Family, starring Katherine Heigl as Romy, Alexandra Breckenridge as Michele and Kelly Brook as Linda Fashionbella. It also starred Paula Abdul as herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amrita Sher-Gil self-portrait breaks records, sells for Rs 18.2 crore
- See in pic: Sharp, fierce Salman Khan in 'Sultan' first look
- I would rather slash my wrists than play Bond again: Daniel Craig
- Ghulam Ali agrees to perform in Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal thanks veteran singer
- Kavita Kaushik fumes, walks out of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla...’ grand finale- Know why