Naomie Harris `felt torn` while portraying Nelson Mandela`s ex-wife
Washington: British actress Naomie Harris has confessed that she had a hard time playing Nelson Mandela`s former wife, Winnie Mandela, in `Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom `.
The 37-year-old star said that from reading about Winnie, she was formulating an idea of who she was and from talking to people she was formulating another idea, Contactmusic reported.
On the other hand, the director had a strong idea about how he wanted Winnie to be played, so she felt really torn and conflicted, Harris asserted.
Harris also revealed that when she met the South African activist, who was once accused of human rights violations and infidelity, she was sure that she would be able to put all these pieces together, but she didn`t.
Harris said Winnie was complicated, but since she had been chosen for the role, Winnie trusted her with her portrayal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Standing up for dissent, Nayantara Sahgal to return Sahitya Akademi award
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend