Natalie Portman to play Lady Macbeth
Los Angeles: Actress Natalie Portman will star opposite Michael Fassbender in a new film adaptation of Shakespearean tragedy `Macbeth`.
The `Black Swan` actress has signed on to star as the scheming wife of the Scottish nobleman in the film, reported Collider.
The film which will be directed by `Snowtown` director Justin Kurzel, is based on a script from Todd Louiso and Jacob Koskoff.
Oscar-winner Portman is used to dark roles and should have no trouble playing ruthless Lady Macbeth, who goads her husband into killing the King of Scotland so she can become Queen, but suffers from terrible guilt after the event.
The 31-year-old actress has recently wrapped filming with Fassbender on Terrence Malick`s latest untitled project, and the pair were also due to co-star in western `Jane Got A Gun` before the `Shame` actor pulled out.
Portman will next be seen in another Malick movie, `Knight Of Cups`, and in superhero sequel `Thor: The Dark World`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: When Amitabh Bachchan was chased by a tiger!
- See pic: Shaalia groove in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded' finale!
- READ: What Shah Rukh Khan's Edinburgh speech is all about!
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui forced himself upon US researcher, says common friend
- No film can flop if planned properly: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan