New ‘X-Men’ tops North America Box Office with whopping $21m opening
New Delhi: ‘X-Men: First Class’ that hit the theatre this summer has ushered in a sizzling time for the Hollywood after its opening to a 56 million dollar weekend and topping the North America box office.
As the fifth installment of the ‘X-Men’ franchise, ‘X-Men: First Class’ opened on approximately 6,900 screens at 3,641 locations in the United States and Canada.
The special-effect movie was marketed as a prequel to the original project, earned nearly 21 million on its opening day, similar to the first installment of the franchise, reports Xinhua.
According to industry analyst Paul Dergerabedian, this has been ‘a solid debut for the fifth installment, that should benefit from good word of mouth’ recommendation in the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!