Nick Cannon to play drug kingpin in biopic
Los Angeles: Singer Nick Cannon has secured a lead role in an upcoming biopic about notorious drug lord ‘Freeway’ Rick Ross.
The 32-year-old husband of pop star Mariah Carey has announced the new big-screen project with the drug kingpin himself in a YouTube video, reported Ace Showbiz.
"I`ve been wanting him to play my role since `96. We got hooked up, I met him. I loved his personality," Ross Said.
The ‘America`s Got Talent’ host added, "This is history in the making right here. We family now. We gonna get this thing right however long it take. The story gotta be told: the real Rick Ross."
The movie is expected to use script written by Nick Cassavetes, who has penned ‘Alpha Dog’ and ‘Blow’.
Cannon was last seen starring as himself in TV movie ‘Rags’. His other on-screen credits include ‘Up All Night’, ‘Day of the Dead’ and ‘American Son’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of a crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look