Nick Cannon to play drug kingpin in biopic
Los Angeles: Singer Nick Cannon has secured a lead role in an upcoming biopic about notorious drug lord ‘Freeway’ Rick Ross.
The 32-year-old husband of pop star Mariah Carey has announced the new big-screen project with the drug kingpin himself in a YouTube video, reported Ace Showbiz.
"I`ve been wanting him to play my role since `96. We got hooked up, I met him. I loved his personality," Ross Said.
The ‘America`s Got Talent’ host added, "This is history in the making right here. We family now. We gonna get this thing right however long it take. The story gotta be told: the real Rick Ross."
The movie is expected to use script written by Nick Cassavetes, who has penned ‘Alpha Dog’ and ‘Blow’.
Cannon was last seen starring as himself in TV movie ‘Rags’. His other on-screen credits include ‘Up All Night’, ‘Day of the Dead’ and ‘American Son’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Kangana Ranaut’s ‘Simran’ - Release date announced
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!