Nicolas Cage turned down `Shrek`
London: Actor Nicolas Cage says he turned down the role of `Shrek` because he did not want to "look like an ogre".
The 49-year-old is friends with studio chief Jeffrey Katzenberg and was initially asked to voice the green ogre - the role which eventually went to Mike Myers - and he admits he sometimes regrets turning the animated movie down, reported Daily Express.
"We were talking about `Shrek` and I just didn`t want to look like an ogre. Maybe I should have done it looking back," he said.
Cage has finally teamed up with Katzenberg for another animated film, `The Croods`, and he is delighted to be a part of the movie.
"They met me and showed me a picture of Grug and said, `Look Nic, this is how I see you`! I said, `I hope I don`t really look like that, but I think I`ll do this`. What really got me about Grug is his emotional transformation from an overprotective father who is surviving but not living and then he learns how to let go and live and I like that. That`s what appealed to me most. I like a movie that can make you laugh and make you cry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Singh Is Bliing': Prabhudheva gives sneak peaks of rustic sets
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui thanks audience for 'Manjhi- The Mountain Man' success
- Teen girls cover up mirrors to value inner beauty
- Here's how Indian cuisine essentials can give you glowing skin
- Karan Johar rejoices 7 million Twitter followers