Nicolas Cage turned down `Shrek`
London: Actor Nicolas Cage says he turned down the role of `Shrek` because he did not want to "look like an ogre".
The 49-year-old is friends with studio chief Jeffrey Katzenberg and was initially asked to voice the green ogre - the role which eventually went to Mike Myers - and he admits he sometimes regrets turning the animated movie down, reported Daily Express.
"We were talking about `Shrek` and I just didn`t want to look like an ogre. Maybe I should have done it looking back," he said.
Cage has finally teamed up with Katzenberg for another animated film, `The Croods`, and he is delighted to be a part of the movie.
"They met me and showed me a picture of Grug and said, `Look Nic, this is how I see you`! I said, `I hope I don`t really look like that, but I think I`ll do this`. What really got me about Grug is his emotional transformation from an overprotective father who is surviving but not living and then he learns how to let go and live and I like that. That`s what appealed to me most. I like a movie that can make you laugh and make you cry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ronit Roy spent six months to learn Haryanvi
- Lara Dutta surprise package in 'Singh Is Bliing': Prabhudheva
- 'Sicario' to release in India in September
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Courtney Stodden's mother resigns as her manager
- Chris Pine in talks for 'Wonder Woman'
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- Edward Maya takes Bollywood turn for Indian concert
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Let your hair shine in summer
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Look cool in denim during summer
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India