Nicolas Winding Refn to direct horror `The Bringing`
Los Angeles: `The Drive` helmer Nicolas Winding Refn is in talks to direct horror film `The Bringing` for Sony.
The project is inspired by the mysterious death of Elisa Lam at the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles and Refn, who is often criticised for violence in his films, is said to be a fan of the genre, reportedly.
Matt Tolmach of `The Amazing Spider-Man` fame is producing with Daniela Cretu of First Born Films. Brandon and Phillip Murphy wrote the script.
`The Bringing` was inspired by the viral video of Elisa Lam, a woman who was taped exhibiting strange behaviour in an elevator at the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles before she was found dead in the water tank on the roof.
The new movie will revolve around a man who comes to the hotel investigating the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder
- Independence Day: Resurgence movie review: Staid and worn out
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' rakes in moolah, nears Rs 50 crore mark at Box Office
- '7 Hours To Go' movie review: A promise not delivered