Nicole Kidman to play Grace Kelly onscreen
Los Angeles: Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman is stepping back in time to portray screen icon Grace Kelly in upcoming film `Grace of Monaco`.
Kidman is in negotiations to portray the actress-turned- princess by producer Pierre-Ange Le Pogam, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Oliver Dahan, who directed Marion Cotillard to an Oscar for the Edith Piaf biopic "La Vie en Rose", is helming the period movie.
Kidman is in the process of attaching herself to the USD 15 million movie which will be on the lines of 2011 Oscar-winner "The King`s Speech".
The film is not a biopic and instead focuses on a six month period in 1962 when the city-state got into a heated dispute with France. Kelly, still relatively new in her role as princess, worked behind the scenes to save Monaco from a coup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to skip amfAR Gala for 'Sarbjit'
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'