Oprah Winfrey to appear in `The Butler`
Los Angeles: Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey will appear on the big screen with Forest Whitaker in the upcoming film ‘The Butler’.
The 59-year-old is making her first big-screen appearance since 1998s ‘Beloved’, reported Ace showbiz.
Lee Daniels` movie is inspired by Wil Haygood`s Washington Post article about a black man who served as White House Butler to eight presidents over three decades.
Winfrey plays the wife of Whitaker`s character, the title role of butler Cecil Gaines.
The star cast of the film includes Alan Rickman as Ronald Reagan, Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan, John Cusack as Richard Nixon, James Marsden as John F Kennedy, Minka Kelly as Jackie Kennedy, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B Johnson, Robin Williams as Dwight Eisenhower, Melissa Leo as Mamie Eisenhower, Orlando Eric Street as Barack Obama and Nelsan Ellis as Martin Luther King Jr.
The film`s trailer was released yesterday. It is set to hit theaters on October 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop