Parliamentarians welcome Oscars for `Life of Pi`
New Delhi: Parliamentarians cutting across party lines Tuesday expressed happiness at ‘Life of Pi’, featuring Indian actor Sooraj Sharma in a lead role, bagging the highest number of four Oscars and over director Ang Lee accepting the award with a `namaste`.
Rajya Sabha member Tarun Vijay said the namaste by Ang Lee went viral on social media and "it has once again proved that Indians can make it and make it in a big way".
"We are proud of our Sooraj Sharma and the entire India crew of the movie," said the Bharatiya Janata Party leader.
The parliamentarians responded with thumping of their desks.
‘Life Of Pi’, an adventure drama based on Yann Martel`s acclaimed 2001 novel of the same name, bagged four Academy Awards Sunday, including Best Director for Lee Ang.
The movie features Delhi-based 19-year-old Sooraj Sharma in a leading role, and seasoned Bollywood actors Irrfan Khan and Tabu in supporting roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: Priyanka Jagga Muise's message to fans after eviction from show
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan