Paul Giamatti to play a villain in `Spider-Man 2`?
Los Angeles: Actor Paul Giamatti is in negotiations to join the star cast of `The Amazing Spider-Man 2` as villain The Rhino.
Actress Felicity Jones is also in talks for a role in the movie franchise which will see Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. `Django Unchained` star Jamie Foxx is portraying bad guy Electro, Shailene Woodley Mary Jane Watson and Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne.
The Rhino first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man No 41 in 1966 as a thug from a Soviet Bloc country who wore a superhuman suit that made him invulnerable while giving him superstrength and superspeed. It also had a deadly horn on top, the Hollywood Reporter said.
In more recent comics, he became a sympathetic figure who found himself allying with Spider-Man.
Giamatti has expressed a desire to portray the role in the past, saying The Rhino was one of his favorite characters while growing up.
"I thought Rhino was the greatest thing when I was a little kid. It was a guy who was basically in this rhinoceros outfit, and I always thought, `Why don`t they have The Rhino in one of their movies.` But maybe The Rhino wasn`t that big of a deal for anybody but me... If they ever go with The Rhino, I would be ready and waiting," he had said in 2011.
The actor is best known for his supporting roles in films like `The Truman Show`, `Saving Private Ryan` and `The Negotiator`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Amitabh Bachchan celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
- Watch: Salman Khan's 'World of Sultan' documentary will inspire you to achieve your dreams!
- 2 days to go: 'Dishoom' promotions are in full swing, Varun-John-Jacqueline witness huge crowd!
- Photo alert! Birthday girl Kriti Sanon in Mauritius with Sushant Singh Rajput for last schedule of 'Raabta'