Pele backs football star David Beckham’s Hollywood career
London: Pele has thrown his support behind David Beckham who wants to kickstart his Hollywood career.
He even offered to appear alongside him on the big screen.
The Brazilian legend starred with Bobby Moore and Sylvester Stallone in football movie ‘Escape To Victory’ and he is thrilled the film is to be remade.
“I was very excited when I heard about the remake of Escape To Victory. I’m not sure if it’s going to happen but I know they tried to get together to make Escape To Victory 2,” a daily quoted him as saying.
“It was a fantastic ¬experience for me and still now people talk to me about the film. Beckham is a very nice, well-known player so I think if it happens it will be very good,” he added.
It was recently revealed that footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones, 45, wants to remake the classic movie with Beckam, and Pele said he would be happy to do a cameo role in it.
He said, “I’ll be there. If they need me I’ll be there.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu in traditional attire - Try out these looks this festive season
- Diwali 2016: Spiritual healing tips to bring in prosperity, protection and abundance
- Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriage
- Diwali 2016: Cash, coupons most sought after gifts, says ASSOCHAM study
- Unique ideas that will help you immortalise your wedding
- Priyanka Chopra or Deepika Padukone – who will romance a Chinese star after Salman Khan?
- Pakistan’s Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan in Bollywood: Ban will never be lifted?
- Shahid Kapoor breaks his silence on ‘tiff’ with Ranveer Singh over Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!