Pele backs football star David Beckham’s Hollywood career
London: Pele has thrown his support behind David Beckham who wants to kickstart his Hollywood career.
He even offered to appear alongside him on the big screen.
The Brazilian legend starred with Bobby Moore and Sylvester Stallone in football movie ‘Escape To Victory’ and he is thrilled the film is to be remade.
“I was very excited when I heard about the remake of Escape To Victory. I’m not sure if it’s going to happen but I know they tried to get together to make Escape To Victory 2,” a daily quoted him as saying.
“It was a fantastic ¬experience for me and still now people talk to me about the film. Beckham is a very nice, well-known player so I think if it happens it will be very good,” he added.
It was recently revealed that footballer-turned-actor Vinnie Jones, 45, wants to remake the classic movie with Beckam, and Pele said he would be happy to do a cameo role in it.
He said, “I’ll be there. If they need me I’ll be there.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here