Penelope Cruz happy to turn ugly for characters
London: Actress Penelope Cruz says she isn`t worried about looking bad in her movie roles and is happy to change her looks to suit her characters.
"I`m not scared to be ugly when I work. So I often ask for more moustache or black bags under my eyes," contactmusic.com quoted Cruz as saying.
The 37-year-old also prefers to spend hours on her dialogue delivery because then she becomes less critical of herself and more open to experiments with her character.
"I love to spend hours with the dialogue coach because it creates a distance from myself. That way I don`t hear Penelope talking - I don`t criticise myself so much and have more freedom to try things."
"My grandmother was very gypsy in her spirit and she taught me to love words, especially poetry and flamenco and music and drama," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough streak takes leap! Sonakshi Sinha smashes in 'Force 2' poster- Check out
- Herry Tangiri shed 15 kg to play Yuvraj Singh in the biopic 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story'!
- Pakistani film industry may suffer 70% loss if Indo-Pak ties worsen
- 'Tum Bin 2' not a sequel: Anubhav Sinha
- Madhur Bhandarkar's next against backdrop of 1975 emergency!