Playing Robin Hood made me feel 20 years young: Russell Crowe
London, April 27 (IANS) Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has revealed that playing "Robin Hood" has made him feel 20 years young at heart.
"I pushed myself really hard for Robin Hood. You wake up in the morning and you feel 20 years younger," he said.
The 46 year old actor admits that "Robin Hood", his fifth team effort with Gladiator director Ridley Scott, differs from the usual movie adaptations of the medieval story, reports OK! magazine
"Most Robin Hood films end with King Richard riding in and saving the day," he said.
He added that he found the period between King Richard`s death in 1199 and the signing of the Magna Carta [an early document limiting the king`s rights] by King John in 1215 more interesting, and had pushed the film`s time period accordingly.
"We tried to get back to the core values and push it off into the metaphorical... what was his end game? Was there a greater political purpose?" he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!