Queen has a charming persona: Mirren
London: Actress Dame Helen Mirren, who played the role of Queen Elizabeth II in the movie `The Queen`, says the royal lady has a charming personality unlike her serious public persona.
The 66-year-old wanted to bring her lighter side to the character in the 2006 movie.
"She does laugh. She makes jokes. She twinkles. I met her once in a fairly relaxed situation at a polo match. She was charming and funny, not at all the serious person we think of. There`s someone else in there and I was desperate to bring that to the screen," contactmusic.com quoted Mirren as saying.
The noble nature of the Queen has nothing to do with her being royal, says Mirren.
"Some people have noblity and it doesn`t matter what class they are. The Queen is noble, but that has nothing to do with being born royal," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hrithik Roshan, Sonam Kapoor’s ‘Dheere Dheere’ crosses 55 million views
- Watch: How ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ was born
- Former 'Bigg Boss' contestant Rahul Mahajan beats girlfriend?
- Navratri special: Day 1 - Worship Maa Shailputri for good fortune
- What's Aditya Chopra's special plan for wife Rani Mukerji?