Quentin Tarantino signs on Christoph Waltz for next
Los Angeles: After kick starting Christoph Waltz`s Hollywood career with `Inglourious Basterds`, director Quentin Tarantino has signed on the Austrian actor for his next, `Django Unchained`.
Waltz won an Oscar for his performance as the Nazi leader Colonel Hans Landa in the film starring Brad Pitt and will work with Tarantino again in the `spaghetti western`, reported Variety online.
"It`s a western about a former slave who is in league with Waltz to save his wife from an evil plantation owner," said a source close to Tarantino.
Waltz is currently co-starring in the Great Depression circus drama, `Water For Elephants` alongside Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson.
Tarantino has largely remained out of the spotlight since the impressive success of `Basterds` which took in USD 120.5 million domestically and USD 313.6 million worldwide.
Nominated for eight Oscars, it was by far the most financially successful film of his career. Tarantino`s 1994 classic `Pulp Fiction` brought in nearly USD 108 million domestic and about USD 214 million worldwide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled