Ridley Scott plans sequel of `Robin Hood`
London: British filmmaker Ridley Scott`s Russell Crowe starrer `Robin Hood` is yet to hit theatres, but the director is already planning a sequel.
The 72-year-old director, whose film will be premiered at the Cannes Film Festival on May 12, believes his sequel plan may not go well with historians, Daily Telegraph
"In it we`ll take King John up to being forced to sign the Magna Carta by his people who will probably be led by a guy called Robin Hood and all the historians will go nuts!,"
the `Gladiator` director said.
`Robin Hood 2` is not the only film he is planning, Scott has also revealed details of his prequel to 1979`s classic `Alien`.
"I got fed up with all the sequels, so I`m going to do a prequel, which will be set before the days of Sigourney Weaver`s character.
"It will take place in about 2085 when they first come across this thing. And it will ask the question, `Who is the guy lying in a chair with his chest blown outwards?` "
Scott has previously claimed there will be two prequels to the film.
"It`ll be two. Prequel one and two, then `Alien` one. At the moment I`m just trying to get the first one out," he said.