Robert De Niro doesn`t mind playing old man
Los Angeles: Actor Robert De Niro says he doesn`t mind being cast in older roles now that he is in his 70s.
The veteran star has accepted that he`ll never play the romantic lead in a movie ever again and he is happy to provide comic relief as a grandfather figure instead, reports contactmusic.com.
"That`s just life. We can`t play certain parts any more. We`re playing the father or the grandfather or the great-grandfather and that can be written in a funny way, so it`s fine. But you`re not carrying the movie as the young romantic lead - those days are gone,” he said.
"I`m hoping that if things work out with digital technology, they can finally make us look younger and I can go on for another 40 years,” he added.
De Niro stars alongside fellow Hollywood veterans Morgan Freeman, Michael Douglas and Kevin Kline in new comedy “Last Vegas”, which chronicles the ageing friends`s trip to the US gambling city for a stag party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!