Robert Downey Jr highest paid star in ‘Avengers’
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Robert Downey Jr reportedly is the highest-paid star in ‘The Avengers’.
The ‘Iron Man’ actor seems to be the lone exception to Marvel Studios` strict cost controls since the actor is set to pocket at least USD 50 million from the mega blockbuster movie, reported Aceshowbiz.
Downey Jr`s pay blows away the other ‘Avengers’ stars` paychecks. It was said that Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo will all bag an estimated USD 2 million to USD 3 million from the movie.
As for Samuel L Jackson and Scarlett Johansson, who signed agreements to appear in several Marvel films, are reported to be collecting twice of that.
Downey Jr got the high wage because his reps had renegotiated a deal to include what is said to be "a slice of Marvel`s revenue from the future movies in which he plays Iron Man."
The deal was sealed when the first armored hero movie surprisingly scored a massive USD 585 million worldwide in 2008.
‘The Avengers’ has surpassed its USD 1 billion mark in less than 20 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navratri 2016: Did you know there is a colour code which you can follow?
- Ajay Devgn and Abigail Eames in ‘Raatein’ from ‘Shivaay’ will melt your heart! Watch song
- Deepika Padukone to play King Ashoka’s daughter on reel?
- 'Folksong Festival' radio host Oscar Brand dies at 96
- Biopic on Dhoni made tax free in UP