Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law to cross-dress for ‘Some Like It Hot’ remake
London: Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, who acted together in ‘Sherlock Holmes’, could become the most famous drag act in Hollywood with a remake of the comedy classic ‘Some like it Hot’.
‘A Game Of Shadows’, which opens to US audiences next week, will see the two actors cross-dressing and disguising themselves as women in various scenes.
They are due to pull on more frocks, stockings and high heels for a new version of the 1959 hit about two musicians who pose as members of a female band.
According to US reports, Downey Jr and Law will take the roles played in the original by Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon.
However, they are still searching for a female co-star to play the part of “Sugar” made famous by Marilyn Monroe.
According to reports, the actors will produce as well as star in the film and they are seeking financial backers for the project.
“They won’t be short of motion picture companies wanting to distribute it. This remake’s been a long time coming,” the Daily Express quoted Matt O’Mara, a studio analyst as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daniel Radcliffe hasn't ruled out 'Harry Potter' comeback
- Ranbir Kapoor to do a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan – Anushka Sharma starrer?
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside