Robert Downey Jr, Jude Law to cross-dress for ‘Some Like It Hot’ remake
London: Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, who acted together in ‘Sherlock Holmes’, could become the most famous drag act in Hollywood with a remake of the comedy classic ‘Some like it Hot’.
‘A Game Of Shadows’, which opens to US audiences next week, will see the two actors cross-dressing and disguising themselves as women in various scenes.
They are due to pull on more frocks, stockings and high heels for a new version of the 1959 hit about two musicians who pose as members of a female band.
According to US reports, Downey Jr and Law will take the roles played in the original by Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon.
However, they are still searching for a female co-star to play the part of “Sugar” made famous by Marilyn Monroe.
According to reports, the actors will produce as well as star in the film and they are seeking financial backers for the project.
“They won’t be short of motion picture companies wanting to distribute it. This remake’s been a long time coming,” the Daily Express quoted Matt O’Mara, a studio analyst as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan