Robert Downey, JR. wants to direct movies after retiring from acting
Washington: Hollywood actor Robert Downey, JR. has revealed that he would like to become a director after retiring from acting.
Downey, 46, remembered co-actor Mel Gibson dismissing the idea to ever direct a movie while they were working on ‘Air America’ in 1990, and soon after was taking charge behind-the–scenes.
The ‘Iron Man’ has decided to follow in the footsteps of his co-star.
“The great thing was working with Mel right before he went off and did Hamlet and started directing. I remember him telling someone on the set, ‘I would never be a director, it’s a terrible idea,’ and three years later he couldn’t not direct,” Contactmusic quoted the actor as telling Los Angeles Times.
“That’s kind of where I’m heading towards now. I feel it’s almost irresponsible learning what I’ve learned and having the influences and relationships I’ve had to not try to infuse that with movies more as a director,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Witness woman power in full glory in 'Housefull 3'! Watch video
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!
- Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's 'Sarbjit' mints Rs 22.09 cr at Box Office!
- 'Banjo' motion poster: Watch the brilliant backdrop flavoured with powerful Indian beats!