Role of Elena meant for Emma Watson: `The Collection` director
Los Angeles: Director Marcu Dunstan was so impressed with Emma Watson`s acting talent that he wanted to cast her for the role of Elena in his recently released film "The Collection".
Dunstan said he was keen on roping in Watson for the movie, but due to date issues, she was unable to accept the offer. The role eventually went to actress Emma Fitzpatrick, who, according to the director, looks similar to Watson.
"When I crafted the role of Elena in `The Collection`, I could actually film Emma Watson in my mind doing that. My character is very crafty, tenacious yet clever just like her. But with her busy schedule, we couldn`t make this work out," Dunstan said in a statement.
"Initially, I got so stuck on to her that I wanted to opt for someone with equal calibre and similar looks. I am happy I could rope in Emma Fitzpatrick, who not only managed to pull off the role of Elena brilliantly, but beyond my expectations. Working with Emma Fitzpatrick has been an enriching experience," he added.
PVR Pictures is releasing "The Collection" in India Dec 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'