Rooney Mara`s casting in `Peter Pan` movie causes controversy
Los Angeles: Many fans have signed an online petition to protest actress Rooney Mara`s casting as Native American princess Tiger Lily in Warner Bros upcoming adaptation of `Peter Pan`.
The petition, which has collected more than 4,000 signatures since launching via Care2 till March 18, has asked Warner Bros to "stop casting white actors to play people of color!", reported Us magazine.
"This casting choice is particularly shameful for a children`s movie. Telling children their role models must be all white is unacceptable," the petition read.
Hugh Jackman will play Black Beard while Garrett Hedlund has been cast in the role of Captain Hook.
The live action film, based on JM Barrie`s children classic of the same name, will be directed by `Atonement` helmer Joe Wright.
The film is slated to release in July 17, 2015.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!