Rosamund Pike in David Fincher`s ‘Gone Girl’
Los Angeles: Bond girl Rosamund Pike is all set to star opposite Ben Affleck in David Fincher`s movie adaptation of Gillian Flynn`s bestselling novel ‘Gone Girl’.
Pike will play ‘Amy Dunne’ in the film, who goes missing on the couple`s fifth wedding anniversary, leaving her journalist turned bar tender husband Nick as the prime suspect.
Other actresses who were up for the role were Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman and Emily Blunt before Pike, 34, landed it, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Flynn, who has written the screenplay, wrote Gone Girl after losing her job in journalism and it has now sold well over two million copies worldwide.
The shooting is expected to commence in September, with the film due to be released in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidhu to bring Kapil Sharma and Sunil Grover TOGETHER! Here's what you should know
- Noted Yakshagana artiste Gerukatte Gangaiah Shetty collapses on stage, dies
- Former Miss India Priyadarshini Chatterjee fights for child abuse victim
- Salman Khan feels grounded, all thanks to family and friends!
- Anushka Sharma has found her long-term goal!
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH