Rosamund Pike in David Fincher`s ‘Gone Girl’
Los Angeles: Bond girl Rosamund Pike is all set to star opposite Ben Affleck in David Fincher`s movie adaptation of Gillian Flynn`s bestselling novel ‘Gone Girl’.
Pike will play ‘Amy Dunne’ in the film, who goes missing on the couple`s fifth wedding anniversary, leaving her journalist turned bar tender husband Nick as the prime suspect.
Other actresses who were up for the role were Charlize Theron, Natalie Portman and Emily Blunt before Pike, 34, landed it, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Flynn, who has written the screenplay, wrote Gone Girl after losing her job in journalism and it has now sold well over two million copies worldwide.
The shooting is expected to commence in September, with the film due to be released in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Terminally ill fan watches 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' before passing away
- A Flying Jatt movie review: Tiger Shroff as an adorably badass superhero is a treat for kids!