Rush praises Johnny Depp for taking rehearsal to his club
London: `Pirates of the Caribbean` actor Geoffrey Rush reveals his co-star Johnny Depp was so determined to make the cast and the crew comfortable that he insisted on holding rehearsals at his bar, which he has since sold.
"I can`t deny the scale of it. I remember when we were all about to sit down for a table read-through at the Disney office once, and Johnny decided we should do it in his club, the Viper Room, instead, so as we would feel on a human scale," contactmusic.com quoted Rush as saying.
"So if there is a relaxed atmosphere on set, I think it is down to him. He says he sees it as an independent film that happens to have a s**tload of money attached to it," she added.
Rush revealed he only understood the enormity of the budgets involved while shooting a scene, when a crew of 800 people were involved in creating a short scene.
"For six actors to have a dialogue on the beach meant there were 800 people to provide lunch for, stunt men, people to rake the sand between takes and so on. So at that point we did feel pressure not to screw up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks