Russell Crowe expected controversy over upcoming film `Noah`
Washington: Russell Crowe starrer ` Noah`, which has been banned in like Qatar, Bahrain and the UAE, has been snubbed by various Islam-based countries, but the actor said he fully expected the controversy.
Reportedly, The 49-year-old star told that since the film is in Islam`s holy book, the Quran, and it is a tenet of the Muslim religion that one shouldn`t render images about the Prophet, it was not unexpected that some Islamic nations would ban the film.
Crowe will be seen portraying the ark-building hero in the film adaptation of the Bible story of the Great Flood, directed by Darren Aronofsky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!